Re: TR3a handbrake

To: "Triumph List \(E-mail\)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3a handbrake
From: "Suzie" <suzie_bear@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 18:45:58 +0100 FILETIME=[89A97A30:01C0D19D]
Bill Wrote:

> Early Spitfires, including possibly the earliest MkIIIs had a tunnel
mounted
> fly-off handbrake of this type. There were only 2 components which
differed
> - the Knob/Rod assembly and the pawl, which means it would be an easy job
> install the fly-off type on any Spitfire or Herald. Just a thought.....
> Cheers,
> Bill.

I can confirm that Baby blue (FD16410), a 1968 Mk III did have the fly-off
handbrake - until *Bodgitt & Scarper* got their hands on it and converted it
for me during her rebuild - thank you? I don't think so!

I'm now on the lookout for the parts to convert it back, if anyone can help,
I've gathered they're not the most common of items to find these days.

Suzie