Re: TR3a handbrake

To: "INTERNET:Rosspemlee@aol.com" <Rosspemlee@aol.com>
Subject: Re: TR3a handbrake
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 09:02:54 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <davidt@opentext.com>
Message text written by INTERNET:Rosspemlee@aol.com
>The TR3 hand brake is backwards when compared to others.
<

Here's an interesting observation.  The handbrake on the TR2-4 is a floor
mounted, fly-off style where you push the button to set.  The TR6 (as well
and the 7,8 and Spit) have more commonly found driveshaft tunnel mounted
handle with the button you push to release.  The TR4A that I test drove had
a tunnel mounted lever with the fly-off (push to set) feature.  (TR4A
owners here can verify if this is normal or non-standard)  I figure this is
an interim step in handbrake evolution.

Cheers, all.

Dave