Re: TR3a handbrake

To: <105671.471@compuserve.com>, <rosspemlee@aol.com>
Subject: Re: TR3a handbrake
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 09:45:33 EDT
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <davidt@opentext.com>
In a message dated Mon, 30 Apr 2001  9:10:49 AM Eastern Daylight Time, David
Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com> writes:

<< ...The TR4A that I test drove had a tunnel mounted lever with the fly-off
(push to set) feature.  (TR4A
owners here can verify if this is normal or non-standard)  I figure this is an
interim step in handbrake evolution. >>

Strangely, I've never had any hands-on experience with a TR4A (goodness knows
I've owned and/or driven most other Triumphs). But I do know that the pre-Mk3
Spitfires also had the tunnel-mounted fly-off handbrake. Oddly, though, no
Herald I've ever seen had it, so perhaps it was a feature limited to the
(slightly more) sporting Triumphs!

--Andy Mace