RE: Welding Patch Panels

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Welding Patch Panels
From: "Fisher, Curt (AFS-Dixon)" <CFisher1@afs.bwauto.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:22:30 -0500
Good subject, appreciate the obsurvations so far. I am facing the same
operation with  patch panels in the next year. Any opinions on these options
for those of us who are less skilled with a welder and body work from the
experienced listers?:

How about brazing a flange joint?

A freind told me there is an adhesive meant for this purpose on flange
joints which eliminates any risk of metal warpage due to heat, and has
worked well for him. Anyone have any experience with this?

What about brazing a butt joint? I doubt it would be strong enough on just
one side, but what if it was a patch that was brazed on all sides into a
panes to fill a hole?

Thanks,
Curt
59 TR3A (Steed) under restoration
03 MINI Cooper (Mrs. Peel) everyday.

        writes:

        << Butt weld or overlap with a flange? >>