Re: Welding Patch Panels

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Welding Patch Panels
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 13:41:20 -0000
Hi Harold
The flip side of your statement is the tighter the gap the more grinding you
will have as there is no where for the filler to go, also creates a stronger
join by having a gap, I think the recommended gap is half of the thickness
of the sheet you are welding, the trick is to keep the power down and only
weld in short bursts and separated by an inch or more between each stitch of
weld as stated by others.
Best of luck with the welding!

Graham.