RE: Welding Patch Panels

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Welding Patch Panels
From: "Pharr, Jeff" <pharr@terralign.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 12:48:19 -0500
Cc: "Michael Thompson" <miket@rio.edu> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h09HqIRO009388
Mike,

You can do either, but I would suggest making an overlapping patch.  It
is very easy to make big holes when welding on rusty Midget fenders and
if you try to butt weld you can really wind up with a mess.  If it is a
big patch, I would try to put a slight bevel on one either the patch or
the fender so that the patch sits close to flush with the fender.  It
will make smoothing things out that much easier.

--Jeff