Re: Welding Patch Panels

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Welding Patch Panels
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 15:29:21 EST
In a message dated 1/10/03 12:26:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,
CFisher1@afs.bwauto.com writes:

<< How about brazing a flange joint?

Brazing steel is like soldering, the joint needs a overlap to work.  Butt
brazing ( if you succeded ) would be very weak.  The other issue is the flux
is corosive, unless you sand blast the weld the panel _will_ rust under the
paint/putty.

The adhesive sounds great.  I have not used the stiff but a friend put cab
corners on his truck and had great results.  I would be hesitant to use the
stuff in a structural area unless the joint could be clamped during set up.

Harold