Re: [TR] Buying Long Distance: Tips?

To: aldwyn@sylvancircle.org, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Buying Long Distance: Tips?
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 09:13:08 EDT
You pretty much have to look at the car unless you know the seller.
Everyone's description of a "good" car differs and many non car people don't
know if
there are impending problems.

Here is another example.  In April I looked over Moms Dodge, changed the oil
and added a pint of water to the rad.  250 miles and 3 months later the motor
popped a head gasket.  If I was selling the car in April and the head gasket
later popped, would I be liable?

Answer No, I had worked and owned my own auto repair garage for many years
and unless I did a leak down on the motor every few months I would not have
found the impending problem.  Now, if a auto mechanic didn't catch a impending
problem, how will a non car person?

Next, allow $ 1,200 to ship the car with a top carrier.  The low rent
carriers are generally unreliable, cause body damage and won't pay for that
damage.
I've got a 10 year old judgment against one that is still unpaid.

Harold

===     http://www.vtr.org