Re: [TR] Questions about sill replacement on a TR3

To: Dave1massey@cs.com
Subject: Re: [TR] Questions about sill replacement on a TR3
From: jar@aldermanroad.net
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 17:54:26 -0500
The sills are not structural members.  The door posts are welded to the
box  member that runs from the leading edge of the body, just to the
rear of the wheel well, to the back, just in front of the rear wheel
well.  That box member is the primary structural member, and to which,
through two "ears" attached to each of the right and left side, the body
is mounted to the frame.

However, you need a soundly weld or other means of attaching the sill to
that box member, and to the door posts.

Cheers.