Re: Smoggin' & stuff

To: vandergraaft@aecl.ca, gomog@angelfire.com
Subject: Re: Smoggin' & stuff
From: LSelz@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 23:42:15 EDT
In a message dated 6/24/99 23:27:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
vandergraaft@aecl.ca writes:

<< Before
 we realize, we'll be up to our knees in the white stuff again. >>

Chuck -

Who's "we"?  How many of you poor souls are suffering up there in that frozen
wasteland in the permafrost and tundra, dodging caribou herds, polar bears,
and ptarmigan during the brief Arctic summer?   I feel for the folks whose
generators are throwing solder from having to run the headlights 23 hours a
day until a brief ray of light peeps over the horizon, signalling the end of
hockey season.

Here in God's country we worry about having to wipe the magnolia blossoms off
our windshields for our annual top-down Christmas picnic run, over endless
smooth, winding blacktop roads whose surfaces have never known frost-heaving
or endless soakings of salt solutions.  Ah, yes...another mint julep, Sam.
And one for the Morgan.

                        Lannis