RE: swaybar info(2)

To: "Isley, Jason C." <JIsley@cell1.com>, "'TeamZ3@aol.com'" <TeamZ3@aol.com>
Subject: RE: swaybar info(2)
From: "A.J. Rystad" <ajrystad@2xtreme.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 19:19:23 -0700
At 04:09 PM 10/12/99 -0700, Isley, Jason C. wrote:
>       Buddy, for some reason you are still missing the root of this
>discussion. The rule is outdated. I would bet if you look at the results
>from nationals that at least half of the cars are front wheel drive. When
>this rule was created I would guess none of the cars were front drivers.
>While I would not expect to see thing change overnight, I do think this rule
>needs to be looked at.

Just a quick peek at the winners, and which end drives the car:
SS-CSL -  R (8)
DS - ESL - F (4)
FS/L - R (2)
GS - HSL - F (4)
ASP - BSP/L - R (4)
CSP/L - F (2)
DSP-ESPL - R (4)
AP-DP/L - R (8)
EP - F (1)
EPL - R (1)
AM-EM - R (10)
ST/L - F (2)

That's  37 for the cars with the "old, outdated rule" and 13 for the "no
fair, my type of car wasn't really mass produced when the rule was made"
guys and gals.

That's ~3-1 in favor of the rear drivers, and me thinks that most, if not
all the winners are running a non-oem front bar. For that matter, that goes
for the FWD crowd as well.

Somehow, I don't think that it's broke..

A.J. "my front bar is actually 2mm too big" Rystad
1992 MR2T AS