RE: swaybar info(2)

To: "'Team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: swaybar info(2)
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 11:19:03 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Tue, 12 Oct 1999, Isley, Jason C. wrote:
>       I had no intention when I made the post to get into a debate about
> it. I was just looking for input from drivers, for what ever reason you felt
> the need to pipe up. If you are not interested in exploring options to help
> grow/change the sport or you don't agree you have the option to delete the
> message.

Actually, he has just as much right as you to post disagreeing with what
you write (or did you expect only _positive_ feedback?).  That's the
beauty (and curse) of the internet and this forum. You don't have to like
what he says, but he sure as heck has the right to post saying he doesn't
agree.

>       The only person I hear squawking is you. The majority of the
> looked at and changed. No one expects it to happen overnight, however rear
> drive cars are not the majority anymore.

Ok, I'll pipe up.  Sway bar changing or not in stock doesn't matter.  I
don't care which way it goes.  I _do_ care about making changes that have
no real benefit to me or competitors (in _my_ judgement, not _yours_).
Like Mark said, rules stability gives me more advantages than anything
else in this situation.

>       So grab you favorite CD jump in Z3 and go for a drive, sounds like
> you need to relax. The rest of us are hear to have a good time, don't be so
> negative, change is good.

You know what?  When it comes to rules-making change is bad.  You better
have a damn good reason to make a rule change, because its gonna
inconvience or cause increased expense to all your existing competitors.
So unless there's some overriding benefit to the change, then you can bet
I won't support it.  Don't jump down Mark's throat because he had the
decency to take time to explain that viewpoint (as opposed to the rest of
us who just read your post and deleted as yet more unneeded changes to
existing rules).

Not that I have an opinion.

Mark