RE: New scoring system

To: "'Josh Hadler'" <jhadler@rmi.net>, Randy Clow <randyc@map.com>
Subject: RE: New scoring system
From: Phil Osborne <posborne@minuteman-ups.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 15:56:40 -0600

> trophies for the overall competition. The competitor that finishes first
on
> day1 is compared to the competitor who finishes first on the day2.
Comparing
> their "other day" finishing positions determines who gets the first and
> second place trophies for the overall competition.

Perhaps I don't get the picture, but consider this.... Most 2 day events
are run on different courses, such as running Saturday's course the
opposite direction on Sunday.  How do you propose to overcome the different
course issue, since you would be comparing apples and oranges?

I submit that it is indeed unfortunate if someone has an emergency, or for
some reason is unable to compete both days, as someone else posted, that's
racing.  None of us are guarenteed that we will make both days.  Combining
times on different courses gives the competitor the incentitive to
concentrate, and drive the best he can drive on both days.  Even if he
comes up short on the first day, the second day can be his saving grace...

Phil O.