Re: New scoring system

To: "Team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New scoring system
From: "Randy Clow" <randyc@map.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 11:15:19 -0500
Alan Posner and Josh Hadler wrote that two day events should be about
consistency. I put fun and competition at the top of my list. I don't like
to have them finished after the third run of day1.

Don Miller and Josh Hadler wrote about point systems. The POSITION system I
outlined gives all competitors the chance to make the biggest comeback on
day2.

Consider that each class has a dominate make/model/year car. Even with
equally good and consistent drivers the dominate car on day1 is 2.0 seconds
ahead of the less competitive make/model/year cars in the class. However, on
the second day the type of course is more favorable to the usually less
competitive car and that competitor eeks out an 0.1 second win. I say
congrats to this driver and give him a 2nd place trophy. Under the current
total time system, this good/consistent driver would probably go home
without a trophy.

Randy Clow
BS 99 Miata