Re: New scoring system

To: Jeff Blankenship <jblanken@itds.com>
Subject: Re: New scoring system
From: Josh Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 16:47:58 -0700
Jeff Blankenship wrote:

> The other criticism is about ties.  My answer to this problem is to fall
> back on comparing the sum of the two days' times.  This would always break
> the tie fairly.

        Yeah, but in some cases, that person may actually merit a higher place
trophy with their combined times than with a scaled points total. In my
DSP example, the 9th and 10th place cars take 7th and 8th places due to
their less consistent, but higher scoring total for the two days.

> Cool topic, a fun exercise for the brain!  Good job so far, team.net, keep
> 'em coming!

        Better topic for a slow winter anyway. :-)

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/