Re: New scoring system

To: "Randy Clow" <randyc@map.com>, "Team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New scoring system
From: "John Mahoney" <jmahoney@cyberstation.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 17:24:23 -0600
I still feel like the two day event measures consistency on two seperate
courses.  If you want to help the event sponsor and make it a great event
for the people that have to work for a living ie. Sat or Sun, use this
format.  Make all two day events a double points regional event.
Competitors get seat time, there is an overall weekend trophy and not
everyone can make every event during the year so that person can run Sat or
Sun for their regional points.  If you do run both days get double points
towards year end points and throw out your least two competitive finishes.
This way everyone wins, divisional events may get a few more attendies,
locals are happy and if you do finish in the top 10% let it count for the
ones that can't afford to drive all over the country to compete.  Lets face
it the first couple of years of competition you just want to see an
improvement, feel a little competive, and get a year end trophy amidst your
local club members at the year end awards banquet.  Remember have fun enjoy
automobiles, have something to bench race about, and most of all enjoy the
comeraderie.
Now I'll go back to just reading the posts as usual.
John
D Stock acr
previously CSP GT-6 and still having fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!