Re: Solo2 Subsidizes Roadracing?

To: <Mdmotorsprt@aol.com>, <dave@wcsllc.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Solo2 Subsidizes Roadracing?
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 13:11:55 -0600
-----Original Message-----
From: Mdmotorsprt@aol.com <Mdmotorsprt@aol.com>
To: dave@wcsllc.net <dave@wcsllc.net>; autox@autox.team.net
<autox@autox.team.net>
Date: Sunday, November 26, 2000 10:33 PM

>In a message dated 11/26/00 2:01:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dave@wcsllc.net
>writes:
>
>> but I believe the region of record for each member
>>  receives $10 per year, per member.
>Yes it does.

Not necessarily. The Region of record receives whatever it declares its
Regional dues to be.

If the Region dues are $15, it gets $15.

If your Region charges $10 and mine charges $15, then you will pay a total
of $55 and I will pay a total of $60 (for a single regular membership). The
only Regional dues fixed by National is Speed Freakz ($5 for all).

The dues check is sent to the Regional membership chair -- not the race
chair, not the solo chair, not the RE, not the board, not to the treasurer,
but to the membership chair. It comes with the notification that a member
has joined/renewed.

The membership chair does with it whatever the Region tells the membership
chair to do with it. Normally that would be forward it to the treasurer.

The treasurer does with it whatever the Region tells the treasurer to do
with it. Normally that would be to deposit into the Region bank account.

It then becomes part of the total cash assets of the Region, for the Region
to use in whatever manner it sees fit. It is not earmarked for any specific
purpose until the Region itself decides to spend it.

A racer's dues can as easily be spent on pylons as an autocrosser's dues can
be spent on racing flags.

--Rocky (married to the membership chair)