Re: Solo2 Subsidizes Roadracing?

To: Chris Eckles <MRoadster@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Solo2 Subsidizes Roadracing?
From: Pat Kelly <lollipop@ricochet.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 13:34:29 -0800
        The reason for us keeping the money totally began when we started the
solo 2 program in 1971. We put on 3 events that year, cleared $1500,
which was a lot of money in those days. At the end of the season, we
wanted to buy our own pylons (we rented them), went to the region, and
were told the region had spent it all.
        So hubby John Kelly got himself elected to the regional board, and the
first thing he did was set up separate accounts for rally, solo 2, and
the two chapters (it's a huge region).
        We've been that way ever since.
--Pat Kelly