Re: How to get novices to "stick".

To: Randy Chase <randyc2@cox.net>
Subject: Re: How to get novices to "stick".
From: Bob Monday <boysrus_racing@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 09:31:22 -0700 (PDT)
So do you also start climbing on the sheer rock face of a mountain or
with something your're more likely to achieve? By "achieve", I mean
that you'll get more than 30 ft up it. Without much equipment.  ;-)

I don't know that someone has to get a trophy, but they can't leave
feeling stupid for being there. If you are 20 seconds behind everyone
else in WHATEVER class, that's pretty much going to be the case.
Remember, most newbies are guys... and there's a social thing going on
even within their own crowd.

I've been last in class before, but it wasn't at the first event! It is
a big discouragement and you start looking for better places to blow
your wealth and impress your girl. (Assuming that you have either,
which I don't.)

Bob Monday

<snip>

http://sbc.yahoo.com