Re: How to get novices to "stick".

To: <GRMPer@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: How to get novices to "stick".
From: "Rick Brown" <free2000@quixnet.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 11:39:36 -0700
Cal Club has a novice class, but novices run with their regular class so
they get to meet and associate with the people they would normally be with.
We just score them separately, PAXed and with trophies.  We usually have 20
to 30 entries.  Also, when you trophy, you are kicked out of novice.  We
also have a Novice Mentor to help any novices and\or assign someone to do
so.  Novices may request an instructor to ride with them.  The Malibu Grand
Prix type of person will probably not like a sport where you have to work an
hour or two for 3 to 4 minutes of seat time.

Rick Brown
BM / D Sports Racer