Re: minimum weight requirement

To: "Autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: minimum weight requirement
From: "Charles Cox" <charles@coastalbay.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 07:11:45 -0700
But it doesn't say vehicle "without driver" as indicated elsewhere in the
rule book (nor does it say with driver). Aaron is correct indicating there
needs to be new language.  If this has been argued in protest or appeal, the
rule  should be re-written.

Clarification is needed if any valid argument can be presented and his
argument is valid.

Ballast is cheap compared to trying to be competitive with 150# drivers when
you are up to 100# or more over that...which can be physically impossible to
attain for some.

Unless you qualify any weight with "as raced", any weight the car can be,
with driver, with additional gas, etc., at any time should be allowed (what
comprises the "vehicle" and when does it apply?)...therefore without that
qualification, the car can weigh whatever you can get the scales to read no
matter what you add to the "vehicle".

If you write (it should be written) that it is to be "as raced without
driver" then you have to clarify what comprises the "driver"...with helmet,
clothes, etc... The rules simply aren't written properly.

Cars should be weighed "as raced with driver" like most any other form of 4
wheel motorsport...then problem solved. (not to mention a properly leveled
playing field).

Charles Cox
mailto:charles@coastalbay.com