Re: minimum weight requirement

To: "John Lieberman" <jlieberman@sport.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: minimum weight requirement
From: "Dave Hardy" <dave2020@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 10:10:02 -0400
> Prepared cars are weighed without driver.  There was an effort a few
> years ago to add 180 pounds to the minimum weights in the rulebook and
> weigh WITH driver, but it was defeated.  (In my personal case, that
> would have been a 30 pound penalty - since I only weigh 150!!!  And,
> yes, I DID write a letter)  The only cars weighed with driver, I
> believe, are some of the Mods.

Why is weighing with driver a bad thing?  In a class where the cars are very
closely prepped and driven, the weight difference of the driver can make a
difference.  Do us big guys need to start recruiting horse jockeys to drive
our cars?

Dave Hardy
89 SM
DILYSI Motorsports - Drive It Like You Stole It!