Re: minimum weight requirement

To: "Aaron Johnson" <fpspitfire37@msn.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: minimum weight requirement
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 13:25:18 -0500
The preamble of Section 15 (Prepared Category) specifies that "minimum
weights shall be established," and the section where the cars in the classes
are listed also mentions "Min. weight."

By the fact that "with driver" is NOT specified, it follows that the
reference is to the car only.

For reference, weights of PRODUCTION cars are specifically with driver, and
are a couple hundred pounds or more for the same cars in PREPARED. (My
Spitfire is 1405 in D Prepared without driver, 1680 in G Production with
driver, for example -- I could only wish stepping out of the car reduced it
by 275 pounds!).

And for historical reference, once upon a time my G Production weight was
the same 1405 as D Prepared. That was before they added the "with driver"
provision. They added 180 to everyone when they added "with driver" and then
bumped it more when they added some new rollcage requirements.

BTW, are you close? Leave the helmet in when you weigh. And anything else
that was there during the run. Somebody was busted for being two pounds
under at Nationals this year (I think he just lost one run in a borrowed
car). Man, if that'd been me, I'd have been down to my skivvies and
barefoot, arguing everything else was stuff that was in the car when it ran.

--Rocky Entriken