Re: Spitfire, MK I/II, Upper Dash Crash Pads

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire, MK I/II, Upper Dash Crash Pads
From: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 00:35:19 +0100
Cc: odd@triumphclub.se
I think the big question for You all is the eventual difference on the
North America version of the '69 and '70 Mk3 Spits (after Comm no FDU
31254). On my non NA '70 it looks just the same as on the earlier ones.
Any difference in graining might be due to different suppliers or
something. There is a break in spare parts nos at FD23511 (LHS)/ FD16481
(RHS). Up to those Comm Nos the Crash Pad has spare part no 706569.
(This part number is common for all Spitfires all the way back to the
later prototypes...) After those Comm nos the spare part no is 714482
for all the non NA market cars. On the NA market cars the spare part no
is 813351.

--

Odd Hedberg
Pomonagatan 4        International liaison secretary,