Re: dieseling

To: rock@rocky-frisco.com
Subject: Re: dieseling
From: Christopher.Albers@bubbs.biola.edu (Christopher Albers)
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 12:33:48 -0700
rock@rocky-frisco.com writes:
>If the problem was carbon glowing in the chamber and igniting the
>compressed
>fuel-air mix like the glow-plug on a diesel, decarbonizing with the
>water
>may fix it, but it's a bit of a gamble.

I've had this problem (dieseling) ever since the completion of my
highly modified 1725 (now 1800) engine and have not been able to fix
it.  The compression is about 10:1 and I only use 92 octane fuel.  I've
played with the advance (which is about 6-8 deg 'cuz I have an Isky SB2
cam) and the carbs to no avail.  I have settled for the cheap fix
(thanks Dick Sanders) of putting on the parking brake and smoothly
releasing the clutch as I shut off the ignition.  But it is still a
very annoying problem.

CNA