Re: Hi New to the List

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hi New to the List
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 06:08:00 -0500

SunRider wrote:

> Hi Eric, Lots of wheels out there for the Miata, I don't understand
> the Offsets and the +1 sizes will this change my Class?

An offset change of more than .25 inches would not be legal for Stock
class.  All other wheel dimensions must remain exactly stock for Stock
class.

> RSpeed sells an 11.5 lb. wheel for $135 it's a 15x6.5 which is
> really light but it has a +38mm offset. It doesn't look really
> great but it's light and winter/track use should be decent. It
> has CNC machined Hubsentric Rings. Can you translate that for me? :)

I can try.  If you're talking about the Rota Circuit 8-spoke wheels, I
just put a set on my Saturn. (by the way, you can get them $20 cheaper
(per wheel) through Victoria Tire... just be sure to tell them that you
expect all of the wheel accessories or they'll try to get by without
sending them!)  They actually look pretty good on the car.  A very
"open" design.  The hubcentric rings are used to center the wheel on the
hub, not critical since most/all cars now use lugcentric wheels.  These
"cnc machined" rings are made of plastic, by the way.

Overall, they're a nice wheel at a good price, and very light.  Won't be
legal for Stock class, though.  If you buy them for street use, you'll
hate putting the (heavy in comparison) stock wheels back on for
competition.

--
Loren Williams | Homepage - http://home.kscable.com/shad
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca