Re: Hi New to the List

To: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Subject: Re: Hi New to the List
From: SunRider <SunRider@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 12:40:48 -0400
>> I can see that and yet next year I'll probably have both available.
>> What do you think, should I wait for a couple of seasons to switch?
>
>I doubt you can wait that long. But you can try. 8-)

<Grin> I'll be getting a set of rims and snows within a
month, the R tires will have to wait till next year anyway.

>Keep in mind it's pretty easy to ruin street tires also. Some R tires
>are more easily flat spotted or corded from locking up your brakes or
>spinning.

The Pilots didn't chunk and zI was running them with 35 psi hot
and then down to 34 psi hot, it seems to help with the flex so I
run them on the street that way too.
I'm considering the Bridgestone RE-71's or the Toyo T1-S to
replace the Pilots which will be fried by next year.
The Toyo's are really too new but how are the RE-71's
chunking and flat spotting?

I was told I should shave the R compounds as they will chunk
esp. the Kuhmo's but that's why I'm here to learn. :)
Your help really is appreciated. Thanks...

Steve Bernard
Mass Miata Club
Red '99 Miata - Sport Package (B-Stock)

mailto:SunRider@Worldnet.att.net