Re: Hi New to the List

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hi New to the List
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 16:32:43 -0500

Alan Pozner wrote:

> I'd like to disagree about the plastic vs metal point you made. I have after
> market street alloys with plastic hubcentric rings. They are an extremely
> tight fit to the wheel (so tight that I thought they were the wrong size and
> ended up inserting them with the aid of a rubber mallet ). The difference in
> vibration before and after was extreme. From barely driveable to no apparent
> vibration. So plastic rings are very worthwhile (IMHO)

Hmmm... perhaps the rings are merely there to position the wheel
correctly prior to torquing the lugs?  Without the rings (be they metal
or plastic), the wheel could possibly shift ever-so-slightly,
essentially causing an out-of-round condition.

--
Loren Williams | Homepage - http://home.kscable.com/shad
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca