Re: Hi New to the List

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hi New to the List
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 17:21:08 -0500

Randy Chase wrote:

> It is my experience on my MR2 (with hubcentric rims) that without the
> rings, you can properly position and torque all you want. The rims can
> and will move under load and become imbalanced when you are driving.

Maybe I just don't have enough torque in my little Saturn to do that?
Over what sort of time period does this occur?  I know I ran with those
heavy 16" wheels without spacers (they were out of them and had to ship
them separately) on the car for several weeks and at least one autocross
without any problems.

What we need is one of those engineer types to explain this whole thing
to us... so we'll fully misunderstand exactly what's going on.

--
Loren Williams | Homepage - http://home.kscable.com/shad
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca