Re: Chrysler Taking its toys and going home???

To: <autox@autox.team.net>, "Scott R Sawyer" <reddog_es22@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Chrysler Taking its toys and going home???
From: "Cliff Loh" <cliff_loh@infoserve.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 22:04:58 -0700
From: Scott R Sawyer <reddog_es22@juno.com>

> Yes, it's true that Chrysler is pulling out of club racing and solo.
They
> will pay out for the Solo II National Championships, but the bad
part is
> they are not paying out for Runoffs. The pullout is effective the
Monday
> after Topeka. They said they needed to make a statement, and felt
that
> for it to be effactive, it had to be all or nothing. Seems pretty
cheesy
> to me, though. They made a statement, all right. If we can't
dominate,
> we'll take our money and go home. Just my opinion, YMMV.

I think part of Daimler-Chrysler's position is that a manufacturer
should not be able to sub-contract a special tuning firm to produce a
trunk kit.  Apparently, the trunk kit for the Escort ZX-2 has some
very non-factory pieces to it.  I dunno the whole story but maybe
someone from Daimler-Chrysler can comment.

-c.
Cliff Loh, Vancouver, B.C. CANADA
"I started out with nothing & still have most of it left."
cliff_loh@infoserve.net,
inbred_hick@yahoo.com (alternate)