Re: Chrysler Taking its toys and going home???

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Chrysler Taking its toys and going home???
From: "Gregory S. Croft" <scavenger@eol-online.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 01:45:35 -0400
Cheesy? Thats kind of a remedial remark. Chrysler produced the ACR neons on
the same lines as all the other neons, and now for Manufacturer A to bitch
and complain is absurd.
It reall is quite simple.. Build a better car, or come up with more
competitive factory package.
Chrysler has been battling the SCCA on this for quite some time now,
honestly I wonder why they hadn't moved on it sooner.

I think the Saturn Performance Systems ad's sum it up best..
"Surprise! Saturns are winning in National Club Racing. And our SCCA
approved suspension and brake package is just one of the reasons". Simply
put, relying on aftermarket components to be competitive doesn't seem all
that stock to me.

Besides, its not the first time Mopar has been pushed out of motorsports due
to dominance, but I won't get into that.

Maybe we should rename the classed to NSSB or NSSC.. As in N.ot S.o S.tock.
Honestly, I feel if your going to allow modifications, then all
modifications should be allowed on all cars. I know, thats what IT and
Touring are for, but that is why we have *stock* classes isn't it?

Ah well... looks like I'll be going to IT or something.

Greg Croft -Now wearing my flame retardent suit-
-98 Neon Sport, DS
-95 Neon ACR, SSC
http://www.detroitneonowners.org/

PS: My comments are not a rip on Saturn or SPS. Just used their ad as an
example.