Re: Chrysler Taking its toys and going home???

To: "Eric Marshall" <emarshal@radiks.net>
Subject: Re: Chrysler Taking its toys and going home???
From: SunRider <SunRider@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 00:49:50 -0400
>The point was not that they are not available TO BE ORDERED by the general
>public, but that they are not really for sale to the general public - as
>apparently no dealers in the Midwest anyhow, would stock them.  (we went to
>several)  To me, this makes the likelihood of anyone other than a racer
>purchasing the car almost non-existent.   I am saying that classifying this
>a "showroom stock" car is not really accurate because you won't find it in
>showrooms (as opposed to the Type-R Integra, which was in stock at the local
>Acura dealer for 5-6 months).  This is just my opinion of course, based on
>my experiences - your results may vary.

Not meaning to be offensive but I went looking a year ago and
I took a look at the Neon ACR the dealer had 6-7 of them on his
Lot and quite a good deal on it to boot. It might have been that
Neons didn't sell well in your area so they didn't stock them
but those dealers could have done a swap with another dealer.
There were other dealers that had ACR's as well but I was wary
about the reliability on the Neons at the time. I have never
seen a Type R in a showroom but a few on the street.
The Dealer just laughed when I asked if I could get one.
Just another point of view.

Steve Bernard
Mass Miata Club
Red '99 Miata - Sport Package (B-Stock)