Re: Earning Trophies? Nope.

To: Rocky Entriken <rocky@tri.net>
Subject: Re: Earning Trophies? Nope.
From: Jay Mitchell <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 07:14:09 -0700
Rocky Entriken wrote:

<snip lots of good stuff>
>I tend not to go up to event
> chairs and tell them they should change their procedure just because I might
> want it done differently.

Wow, what a concept. You mean you don't walk around bitching and moaning
because somebody might by chance be getting a better deal than you?  ;<)
You must have put on an event or two yourself.

Seriously, I agree totally that you shouldn't refuse year end trophies
to one car classes. A region can decide to PAX entire Categories for
trophies (I've seen this done in addition to class trophies), or the
entire field, for that matter, but that's up to the club.

I've taken home first place trophies I had to beat more than ten cars to
get and given them to my children to play with, because I hadn't had to
drive well to win. Just having other cars in your class is no guarantee
you had to work to win. And not having other cars in your class is not
the driver's fault.

Jay