Re: hassled by The Man (was Re: Maps and window decals)

To: nasa-va@juno.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: hassled by The Man (was Re: Maps and window decals)
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 16:25:48 EDT
In a message dated 6/29/2000 10:31:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
nasa-va@juno.com writes:

<<  Furthermore, the arresting officer must have done 100+
 miles per hour to catch up to the train of cars (based
 on the several minute period after radar lock).  That
 is logically more unsafe than any street car doing 71
 because it is still a public road.   >>

While I can't argue the rest of the post, this part bothers me.  I think the
officer is probably pretty well trained to pursue you (I can make a fairly
good point for most trained experienced drivers being safe up to 100 or so)
and pull you over with little danger to the rest of the public.  And if he
couldn't, then we would all be fairly free to do whatever we wanted with no
fear of being caught, and that of course, leads to mayhem.

CHD