RE: hassled by The Man (was Re: Maps and window decals)

To: "'Smokerbros@aol.com'" <Smokerbros@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: hassled by The Man (was Re: Maps and window decals)
From: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 15:47:47 -0500
While I can't argue the rest of the post, this part bothers me.  I think the

officer is probably pretty well trained to pursue you (I can make a fairly
good point for most trained experienced drivers being safe up to 100 or so)
and pull you over with little danger to the rest of the public.
==============================
Okay, now I have to chime in.

Personally knowing dozens of good officers (K9, SWAT, administration, rapid
response teams, narcs, patrol, etc) in various departments around the Kansas
City area, those same officers will be the first ones (well, after me) to
tell you that most (other) officers can't drive or shoot worth a damn.  And
that's scary because those activities are actually part of thier job
description!!

The funny thing is that I met all of these (few) officers at a local pistol
shooting club and I'd only trust a very few of them to save my life if I got
caught in a hostage situation.  I can out shoot (and most probably outdrive)
most of these officers that I consider to be my good friends.  Most cops
view their sidearm as merely another 3 pounds hanging on their Sam Browne
belt and their driving skills are viewed similarly.  Please keep in mind
that these opinions also come from these few good officers that I know based
upon their personal experiences.

Nothing personal, I just hate to see the term "professional" tossed about so
lightly.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
1998 Dodge Neon R/T
#69 DS    #13 TLS