RE: hassled by The Man (was Re: Maps and window decals)

To: "'David Hawkins'" <otgrouch@twosrus.com>,
Subject: RE: hassled by The Man (was Re: Maps and window decals)
From: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 15:35:21 -0500
This is my favorite line.  You could be doing 25mph, but if he's a mile
back, he's
going to have to do some pretty good speed to catch you.  Saying you have to
do 120 to catch up to someone does mean that someone is doing 120.
============================
Well, we were still cruising right at or above the 100 mph mark when I saw
him right on my six.  And we hadn't slowed down for any of the hills so he
had to be doing some serious speed (for a Crown Vic) to catch us, er, me.

Oh well, live and learn.  I also asked him where he was hiding to catch us
since I know all the nooks and crannies of that particular road.  He said
that he was headed east (we were going west) when he noticed our little
caravan flying along at highly illegal speeds.

All in all, I count my blessings that he was nice enough to "just" cite me
for 20 over when I was doing at least 35 over.  Now I'm a bit more careful
and usually just cruise at 8-10 over the limit.  I've passed literally
hundreds of troopers at that 8-10 over the limit speed and never once have
they hassled me.  I've learned to be a little more discreet about my
speeding activities since my car also stands out quite nicely in a crowd.
It's white with dual blue 8" wide racing stripes over the hood, roof and
trunk so I can't just tell 'em "it was that other guy with the striped
Neon."  ;^)

Eric Linnhoff in KC
1998 Dodge Neon R/T
#69 DS    #13 TLS