Re: Preregistration and computerized timing/scoring

To: "Geoff Mohler" <gemohler@www.speedtoys.com>,
Subject: Re: Preregistration and computerized timing/scoring
From: "Jerry Mouton" <jerry@moutons.org>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 18:04:31 -0800
Geoff,

Sure it does!  If you register 200 entrants at the same
slow pace, it takes twice as long!  Two minutes a person,
you're talking 6 3/4 hours!  And I think our current time
to register someone gets almost that long now without
computer problems.  And in summer we get 300.

I see that you don't show up on SFR points at all in 2001,
perhaps you are not familiar with actually running a
big event.

Guess you're right, I'm scared of these new ideas, but that's
what happens when you actually spend time implementing.

If you're not, you can take over computer registration and
make it work any time -- after you demonstrate that it won't
ruin the events.  Come on, step up unafraid and put your
time where your mouth is.  There are still plenty of positions
open for people with lots of good ideas.

Jerry Mouton        mailto:jerry@moutons.org    Laissez les bons temps
rouler!