RE: Preregistration and computerized timing/scoring

To: Bay_Area_Autocross_List <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Preregistration and computerized timing/scoring
From: Carl Merritt <CMerritt@luminous.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 18:23:03 -0800
Only one computer?  That's not NEARLY a sexy enough solution, I thought you
were in MIS?  ;-)

A single DB server in the motorhome running on AC power (with a large enough
UPS to keep it up while the generator is refueled), driving a small LAN,
802.11b wireless network, and then a bunch of iPaq wireless handhelds for
registration, tech, grid, starter, T&S, etc...

-Carl
(I'm also an MIS Manager by day, and just finished my 2002 budget proposal
today.  Can you tell?  :)