Re: SFR rule

To: "Anthony Tabacco" <atabacco@california.com>
Subject: Re: SFR rule
From: "Jerry Mouton" <jerry@moutons.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 07:37:34 -0800
Tony,

Not exactly not good form to ride along, but not good form
to abuse the system so that your competitors begin to feel that
you are getting a big advantage by doing so "excessively".

Obviously this determination depends on both how often I ride
along before my run, whether I ride with a newbie or my good
buddy in the same run group, whether I ride several times before my
run, and exactly who my competitors are -- whether they rat me out.

The passenger rule is controversial, and there have been a few instances
where people have been warned about abuse.

Obviously there will be no complaints against me, because I am
running out of the trophies.  The purpose for the rule was to increase
the fun available at the autocrosses, getting novices better sooner,
getting to ride along in other
cool cars, etc.  But if you are hot in the competition, you don't use
this to get an advantage on your competitors.

Jerry.

Jerry Mouton        mailto:jerry@moutons.org    Laissez les bons temps
rouler!