RE: Any recommendations on Brake Pads?

To: Carl Merritt <CMerritt@luminous.com>,
Subject: RE: Any recommendations on Brake Pads?
From: Sharon Levy <esslevy@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 12:03:13 -0800 (PST)
I've used Ferodo street pad and race pad (FRP3000S and
FRP3000R, respectively) in my Audi.  The street pad is
decent for autocross use, the race pad is also nice
but eats through rotors quickly if you don't have
enough heat in them (don't ask me how I know; Alcon
rotors are pricey), though they have decent bite at
low temps.  I wouldn't use the street pads for the
track though, at least not in my car, as I'd expect
them to wear too quickly.

Apart from Ferodo's I'm a fan of Pagid pads.  They're
RS 4-4 (Orange) should be a decent autocross compound
and though its a "track" compound has worked
reasonably well at ordinary temps without being as
harsh as Ferodo's track compound.  We've used these in
a different set of calipers on Corey's old blue S4
with decent results.

YMMV,
Sharon

Armstrong