Re: Any recommendations on Brake Pads?

To: James Creasy <james@thevenom.net>, Toy4speed@aol.com,
Subject: Re: Any recommendations on Brake Pads?
From: "Donald R McKenna" <donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 11:57:55 -0800

>>I'd highly
>> recommend going to braided brake lines and synthetic brake fluid (like
>Motul)

James wrote.

>i would not use a synthetic (silicon) fluid in a street car.  it is not
>hydroscopic like regular brake fluid so the moisture does not go into
>suspension but hangs out in little acidic puddles and eats up the seals.  it
>needs to be changed much more frequently than regular fluid.  im not an
>expert on this, but you might want to do some research before commiting to
>it.

I think your warning about silicon brake fluids is appropriate. However, in
addition to their silicone products, Motul makes a "coventional" synthetic
fluid with label instructions "mixable with DOT3/DOT4/DOT5.1 fluids. Do not
mix with silicone or mineral base fluids(LHM)". The product I'm referring to
is "Motul 600" which claims to have a 585 degree boiling point.I'd had some
fade problems with agressive Carbotec panther pads and haven't had any
recurrence since switching to the Motul 600.

        Don