Re: [Tigers] Evans Waterless Cooling

To: "'Larry Mayfield'" <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Evans Waterless Cooling
From: "Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 10:05:08 -0400
Cc: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
References: <330435248.1310662.1656763572024@connect.xfinity.com> <04ea01d88e1c$0112d6f0$033884d0$@verizon.net> <CANE47iQLDVr=D_km8HR0ofZyQCG2soZ2fKYc2oBq9EpwUSgtoA@mail.gmail.com> <8EE82D37-2D80-4774-8AAA-C9B6AF6C080E@verizon.net> <CANE47iSsP0z1mN0ZkWfteaUqDrcORdJ9orCP_Trf3kd1cBOt2g@mail.gmail.com> <0d2f01d88e50$3cc65b70$b6531250$@verizon.net> <CANE47iSeQESwzWbQf6JRj+k+OFZ3hsMmgQN+cPGZrcLGmiExXg@mail.gmail.com> <DCB0ABA1-583F-48CE-B4EF-ECD6FC5A6AD4@verizon.net> <004501d8908b$5332ed50$f998c7f0$@mayfco.com>

--===============7090668911822359271==
        boundary="----=_NextPart_000_000D_01D8911F.E0982270"

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01D8911F.E0982270
        charset="UTF-8"

Mayfield

=20

This is an excellent review of the cooling article.   What we have here =
is a Thermodynamics problem and you are correct it needs more =
instrumentation to understand the data details.   Much more work is need =
to truly understand this problem.   There are way too many variables for =
most of us to comprehend and understand.

=20

Tiger Tom and company where mostly looking at the air flow through the =
radiator; this was their main concern and objective.  Air flow is a =
major key to cooling but not the only key.   Some of this study started =
at the SUNI, Snowmass gathering, we were looking at air flow only.

=20

The study presents a number of possible cures for the air flow problem.

=20

The 1st time I drove my Tiger from Rochester NY to a Buffalo car show I =
park the Tiger, shut the engine off and it puked, marking its spot.   =
Back then you could get the good Prestone dry chemical engine flush so I =
flushed the engine which helped.   I also had to spend about an hour =
flushing and back flushing the heater core until it ran clear.   Later, =
I rebuilt a water pump with a Motorsport impellor and install a 6 bladed =
fan and I have not had puking since.   =E2=80=9Cif it is not puking it =
is not over heating=E2=80=9D   I do pop the hood if I get into slow =
traffic to let hot air out.

=20

We all have a different take on the Tiger Cooling situation and we may =
all come up with a slightly different angle of approach.    Each =
approach needs to be written and exchanged so all can learn, understand =
and deal with this problem and possibly add new insight.

=20

I look at the Cooling Article as a starting point much like the article =
I wrote about the dipstick oil level conundrum.

=20

I did a quick experiment with an oil pan and oil pump pick up tube to =
see why the oil level always was higher than the mark on the dipstick.   =
I found that the angle of the engine means everything to the oil level.  =
 About 3 degrees of the engine tilted back, the oil level is at the =
mark, about 3 degrees down tilt to the front the oil level is high.

This was a quick and rough experiment to answer a number of questions =
people on this List had about the oil level.    I used a little =
precision but it was mostly a rough experiment; a starting point for =
anyone who might be curious to investigate it more. =20

=20

I see the same starting point with the Cooling issue.   More details =
equals more understanding.

=20

Never stop being curious about the little details and always write up =
what you did and how you did the work.

=20

Ron Fraser

=20