Re: High-Tech (was Re: M)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: High-Tech (was Re: M)
From: dresden@star.net
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 16:55:52 -0500
>X-From_: triumphs-owner@autox.team.net Sun Sep 14 08:34:33 1997
>Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 07:37:18 -0700
>From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
>To: triumphs@autox.team.net
>Subject: Re: High-Tech (was Re: M)
>Sender: owner-triumphs@autox.team.net
>
>Paul Burr wrote:
>>
>> fred thomas wrote:
>>
>> >RA or VTR or MG'S about any program for Jrs.. WHY NOT does everyone just
>> > enjoy talking about M cars and doing nothing about our tommorrow with
>> > LBC'S !! sorry about that just a thought, now off this box.

Well hopefully all you old farts will allow your estates to sell your TR3s
and MGAs to young farts like me instead of being buried in them...

>>different that us old farts did! Which is why I don't think the Miata is
>> going to be held in any kind of regard. It's a cutesy fad, loved mostly
>> by people with an MTV attention span. It'll go the way of goatee's, body
>> peircing, and grunge bands!

I'm not really into Miatas, but I don't think it's a fad...goatees and body
piercing, although waxing and waning in popularity, have been around for
thousands of years...somehting to consider. Disco and the Dodge Dart are
making a comeback, so why won't this generation get nostalgic for the
Miata?

 The next fad will be here soon!

And hopefully the next fad will be people buying great cars which were made
before they were born, or at least before they had a driver's license. It's
true that the Old Boring Reliable Car generation will have little patience
learning how to work on them themselves, but there are plenty of mechanics
out there anyway.

Nevin