Re: High-Tech (was Re: M)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: High-Tech (was Re: M)
From: "Andrew Murchison" <amurcha@kinderfeld.icenter.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 14:42:17 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <amurcha@mail.icenter.net>

Joe Wrote:

>  I went back to the import swap meet, and I at thirty three, seemed to be the
>youngest
> guy there.  It seems the vast majority of British car enthusiasts are in their
> late thirties/early forties, and the demographic doesn't appear to be
>increasing to
> encompass any new younger members.
>   It seems that with the restrictive anti-tampering laws (which are a good
>thing)
> that the only way to modify an automobile these days is aurally, and I for
>one can't
> blame a kid (yeah, I guess I can call a twenty five year older a kid now) for
>not
> being interested in resotoring a car that was in vogue years before he was
>born.

hey guys,
  I just wanted to let you know that there is in fact a younger
generation of enthusiasts out there.  I myself am 25 and have owned a
TR-7, and have fixed up a $200 '78 spitfire.  My new project is a
1980 Spit that has had some fire damage.  The younger generation
really is out there........and they like british cars

Andrew Murchison
'78 Spit (racing next year??)
'80 Spit (needs a lot of help)