Re: Flashing headlights is illegal??

To: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Flashing headlights is illegal??
From: SUCHAK <suchak@mediaone.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 00:11:28 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
fred thomas wrote:

> SUCHAK wrote:
> >
> > dstauffa@csc.com wrote:
> > >
> > > The only problem I've
> > > had Stateside is flashing my headlights when cruising down the freeway
>fast
> > > lane.  No one seems to know why I'm flashing my lights.   They just
>proceed
> > > slowly.  D**m American drivers!
> > >
> > > Dave,
> > > San Diego,
> > > 1970 TR6 - with a new set of floorboards and spare tire pan!
> >
> > Amen Brother!
> >
> > Here in Florida old people drive with an absolute disregard for traffic
> > laws.  It's like every other car in the left lane is a late 80's Caddy
> > with a guy in a hat doing 48 miles an hour, right turn indicator blazing
> > away for apparently no reason other than to make it perilous to try to
> > slip by on the right when there's an opening, in case old Willard
> > actually decides that the planets have FINALLY come into the proper
> > alignment indicating the time has come to actually vacate the FRIGGING
> > FAST LANE!!  I mean,  I really don't think their families would allow
> > them to drive any more if they only knew what Gran and Gramps are
> > perpetrating on the roadways of the Sunshine State.
> >
> > But no, *YOU* people just pack 'em off to come live down here...   Out
> > of sight, out of mind, eh?!?  Yeah right, out of *YOUR* sight, in *MY*
> > GOLDANGED LEFT LANE!
> >
> > And you CANT even be obnoxious to them 'cause it's somebodys Grandma and
> > Granpa..  It's like you *HAVE* to be nice to them just because they went
> > off and fought World War Two and that stuff.  And when you finally DO
> > get past them it's like some little old guy craning to see over the dash
> > of the LAC (Large American Car) and looking confused.  So you're stuck
> > behind these geezers for twenty five miles, all the while wanting to
> > flash them, sit two feet off their bumper with the horn blaring, wave
> > your hands around in a menacing manner, scream obscenities like you had
> > Turettes Syndrome....  But you can't because it's some old lady with a
> > name like Ida.
> >
> > (I'll bet it's even worse for my Tampa brethren...)
> >
> > Sorry for the lack of LBC content...  Ummm, how 'bout "I'm frequently
> > blocked while driving my TRIUMPH"
> >
> > There.
> >
> > John
> >
> > --
> > Come see us on the Web!
> > http://www.jacksonville.se.mediaone.net/~suchak/home.htm
>
> John, I think it is real nice of you to let granny & Gramps to use your
> roads once in a while, maybe it would be a good idea if you went around
> to some of the retirement homes and explain your rules for your roads and
> be sure to inform them how strongly you feel about senior citizens on
> your roads when you are out in your car and how they must abide by your
> rules for your roads. I might be wrong but I think I would be willing to
> [...]

Oh Fred.

Lighten up.

Jeeze.

John

Clue for the Clueless:  My post was a humorous commentary on how
frustrating it is to be trapped behind someone who I cant be obnoxious
to BECAUSE I RESPECT THEM.  Furthermore, I may not be the toughest
hombre on the block, but I guarantee I'd put a WHUPPIN on any
septagenarian who attempted to slap the anything out of me.  I mean, I'm
not trying to boast here or anything, but I go just a bit under six feet
tall and tip the scales at about a buck eighty five in fighting shape.
I've had a fair amount of martial arts training, and have probably had
more sparring matches than most people have had nutritious breakfasts!
I'll take on any Grandma you can come up with!

(Clue #2:  I'm goofing on you..)

--
Come see us on the Web!  (except YOU Fred..  You're WAY too serious!)
http://www.jacksonville.se.mediaone.net/~suchak/home.htm