Re: The plunge never felt better

To: "James H. Davis, Jr." <jhdavis@fiac.net>
Subject: Re: The plunge never felt better
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 1998 09:45:09 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
James H. Davis, Jr. wrote:

> Interesting how regional our perspectives are. I always thought MOST TR8's
>were
> air conditioned! I'm pretty sure most in the south were, anyway.
> For you Yankees that think a/c is ridiculous in a classic British sports car,
> consider how silly it sounds to us when you "putt your cars up for the
>winter",
> when our highs are in the 50's and 60's during the winter months. Sitting in
> traffic for 15 minutes with the top down at 98* with 95% humidity will make
>you
> wish for a/c, a fan, rain, shade, just any relief, and tradition be damned!
> Just my $.002
> Fortson, GA  Today's forecast: heat index of 105*F
> CF38690UO
> CF37325U
> Ed Woods wrote:
>
> > Where were the TR8's fitted with air conditioning??
> >
> > Ed Woods

Jim, you must also remember LBC are not for everyone and if 15 min.
traffic jam is a every day occurance it would get to me to. I only used
my car 10 months last year, 1 month vacation, 1 month with the engine out
of it. And yes any way you want to put it, it looks silly with the
windows up, top up, in a sports car going down the road (traffic too). My
top has been off my car for almost 3 months now and have no idea when it
goes back on.