RE: The Plunge Never Felt Better

To: Victor Michael <vmichael@enteract.com>, "'fred thomas'" <vafred@erols.com>, "jaltman@altlaw.com" <jaltman@altlaw.com>
Subject: RE: The Plunge Never Felt Better
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 22:16:54 -0400
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
At 10:53 AM -0400 7/2/98, Victor Michael wrote:

>I'm having a similar problem in Chicago.  Not the "hotbed" like the south,
>but hot just the same. The major contributor to heat in the car (even with
>the top down) is the lack of carpet.  I'm thinking though, that when I put
>the kit in, I'll lay down some of that fibrous padding. Perhaps that will
>help insulate the heat from the engine panel and floor board. Otherwise we're
>fine from the waist up.
>
>Vic

Vic: Dont't use any kind of fiber padding. It soaks up water like a sponge
if it gets wet. When I restored my Tiger (Imagine a 302 C.I. V-8 a 1/2 inch
away from your right foot- Now that's heat soak!)  I used the foil wrappped
plastic bubble material used by Hvac contractors, This was glued to the
fire wall, tranny hump, floors and any placed else under the carpet that
was a heat transfer point. It just about eliminated any heat transfer from
the engine-easily a 40 to 50 degree (F)  drop in interior temps. In a TR,
this stuff would have no problem keeping out heat.