business ethics

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: business ethics
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 19:53:54 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <spitfires@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Fred Thomas"
>Listers, these are a couple of business practices I recently encountered
and
>am not sure I like dealing with these people again, so your thoughts or
>comments.
>
># 1- I can repair it for you in 5 to 6 weeks or you pay a 25.00 fee and
I'll
>get it back to you in 3 days. What about the other people that are waiting
>5/6 weeks, is this fair to them, why not just charge 25.00 more in the
first
>place

Typical expidite charges.   To cover overtime expenses.  Anyway, you'd
expect topay extra for additional service.

># 2- I do not issue a refund on return parts, only credit toward your next
>purchases.

This is typical low life attitude.  Good reason to avoid him if possible.

># 3- I charge a 25% restocking fee on all returned parts !!!

Many parts counters do this.    But if he doesn't refund money lumping this
on top is just additional insult.

If I were in business I might institute these types of things but I would
wave them in all cases excep for my "problem" customers.  I wouldn't
implement them across the board.

Just my opinion.

Dave