Re: TR3a handbrake

To: Michael Thompson <miket@zoomnet.net>, David Templeton <davidt@opentext.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3a handbrake
From: Bill Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 23:27:44 -0700
At 10:19 PM -0400 4/29/01, Michael Thompson wrote:
>Hi David,
>I just wanted to make sure you know how the TR3 handbrake works.
>First, to set the brake you must push the button down then pull the lever
>back. It clicks as you pull back setting the brake. To release the brake
>just pull back a little, then push it back down to the floor. It kinda works
>backwards. Pushing the button to set, rather than pushing it to release.
>I hope this works instead of rebuilding the unit.

What I have also been told that the handbrake is also know as a
"Rallye" brake, it can be used to cause the rear end to slide in the
direction the wheels are turned by judicious application, which is
why you can just pull and release.  I used it in this manner on very
tight corners in Gymkhanas in the 60s, it works but you need to
practice a little (a lot?) first.

Good Luck
--
Bill Pugh