Re: Bugeye Sprites w/ 1275cc at SVRA

To: brian@uunet.ca
Subject: Re: Bugeye Sprites w/ 1275cc at SVRA
From: Wrtr@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 09:16:45 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-11-26 09:01:26 EST, brian@uunet.ca writes:

<< So there you go.  There was also someone in that race group who was
running
 anti-freeze in their cooling system, which wasn't up to the task, and all
 sorts of incredibly slippery coolant was spilled, ruining my race, but
 that's another story...VARAC don't allow antifreeze, and that's a good
thing!

 Cheers, Brian Evans

Sorry Brian:

After my MGB spun a rod bearing on Saturday, the organizers let me bring my
1952 MGTD to the track for Sunday. Normally I run water with a water wetter,
but have had corrosion problems, so I have been putting anti-freeze back in
when I drive the TD on the street betwen races. In the rush to get the car to
the track on Sunday, I forgot that I still had slippery green stuff inside
the engine. On the third or fourth lap, one of the bolts holding the water
pump on fell out, dumping all of my coolant at the end of the back straight.
It was quite sudden and, as I was being lapped by the leaders at the moment,
I had to stay on line until they got by and I could pull off. I was off the
track about three corners from where you went off (at Swamp turn, wasn't
it?), so I am surprised that my incident had an effect on you, but I do now
fully and with all sincerity apologize for your inconvenience.

Kevin Clemens
MG TD